
When approached with the task of creating an advertising plan for a product I thought it would be simple. There was a big though we have to sell a product to an adult that they normally would not buy, but the ad had to be able to be seen on prime time television. The brand that I picked was Oreo a favorite childhood snack that very few adults still continue to eat. I first thought how to sell a cookie to an adult, which I picked a woman to help me sell the product. “After much reflection on the data and material you have gathered, you develop the direction you solution(s) will take.” (Advertising by Design Generating and Designing Creative Ideas Across Media Second Edition, Robin Landa, Pg 16). My ad is going to be an Oreo cookie ad that is pitched towards adults. Instead of selling to the expected children I will be selling “Milk’s Favorite Cookie” to adults. “ Creative advertising requires the communication of a meaningful message to an audience through an idea, expressed through the visual design and copy” .” (Advertising by Design Generating and Designing Creative Ideas Across Media Second Edition, Robin Landa, Pg 18). The beginning of the ad will start off as a woman pouring a glass of milk in to a wine glass, which will set the mood for the adult feel of the ad. She will be wearing her boyfriends dress button up shirt as a dress. The women will look as if she has just came home from a long day at work. She would also be barefoot but walking as if she was still in her heels from earlier in the day. Then the next frame will cut to her getting in to the cabinet and pulling out a new box of Oreo cookies. She will then continue to go up stairs, as she is doing so she notices that her significant other is coming home. She will not wait for him to come through the door but continue on to the bedroom. She will begin to pull apart the cookie starting to make crumbs and dipping the cookie in to her wine glass. As she is eating in bed making crumbs her boyfriend will come through the bedroom door. She will then put the empty wine glass and open Oreo package on the nightstand. The lights will then turn off and the add will read Oreo's your new late night pleasure. The cookie will be the new late night pleasure since they have chocolate in them. I feel that putting a spin on such a normal product will cause a sensation. It is something that I have not seen before and would catch my eye is I was able to see it. “After a design assignment has ended, some clients and designers find debriefing useful. This involves reviewing the solution and its consequences.” (Advertising by Design Generating and Designing Creative Ideas Across Media Second Edition, Robin Landa, Pg 22).
No comments:
Post a Comment